Sunday, October 14, 2007

Boomer's Mom Checking In

Hello!

Boomer is outside barking at a squirrel, or maybe it's a mocking bird, or perhaps a sparrow... I really think that he has no clue as to what he's barking at but he's happy and Annie and Snickers seem quite amused with Boomers show so who am I to say anything.

I have been knitting away. I'm almost done with my sweater - yippee! I have to finish the neckline and sleeves and that's it. I'm very excited to see how it all turns out and I will definitely post pictures.

I did take a small break from knitting on the sweater because I got tired of working with the same beige color for so long. Here's what I worked on...

The pattern for these fingerless gloves is called "Fetching" and you can find it here. I really like the way they turned out, though I think I'm going to make them a little longer next time. Here's another view:

The only changes I made to the pattern is that I did two rows of stockingnette stitch at the beginning which makes the little curl. At the end there is a fancier bind-off but I like the basic bind off better.

Because these were so much fun to make I figure I'll make a few more pairs as Christmas gifts. Here's a picture of the yarns I picked up at a great local yarn shop called Unraveled in Monrovia, CA. If you live in the area you should go check it out. The staff is wonderful and they have a good selection of yarns to choose from.

The denim blue and lavender are from Plymouth yarns and the Berroco yarn is for ME! HAHAHA!!! It's a GORGEOUS yarn and you can't really tell in the picture but it's a beautiful verigated gold yarn - it should work up nicely.

Well I think Boomer is done barking so I better go let him inside. Annie gave up looking for what he was barking at a long time ago and is now sleeping on her red chair. I think Snickers is still outside, probably eating a piece of poop.

See you later!!!!

5 comments:

Veronica said...

I think I need something like that for typing in my freezing cold office. My hands are always cold and those look cute and cozy! Unfortunately, I lack any sort of knitting skills. My mother is very ashamed of me for it.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Those gloves look awesome!

River

Urban Smoothie Read said...

u r absolutely talented in the art of knitting

FleasGang said...

Nice Paw warmers.

Simon says "Hi Annie" :-)

The Fleas

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh your mom sure can knit very well. My hoomans can only do the normal pattern

~ Girl girl